This handbook describes the basic policies, principles and procedures for employees of warfare.
1. Overall policies
warfair has determined an overall set of policies which the company has agreed to and which employees in warfair are expected to comply with and contribute to. They apply to this personnel policy and are described on the company's website: https://www.warfair.store/pages/open
2. warfair's work environment policy
The overall purpose of warfair's working environment policy is to ensure a workplace where employees thrive, develop and experience the work they do as meaningful.
warfair's working environment policy is therefore more than a summary of the workplace's duty to act socially responsible. The idea behind our working environment policy is also that satisfied employees are good for productivity and give the company a better background for solving its tasks.
Therefore, the efforts in our working environment policy take place in cooperation between management and employees. We regularly hold APV and we are clear about how we handle work-related stress as well as bullying and harassment, and which offers warfair makes available in that context.
warfair's working environment policy must ensure:
- That there is a balance between work tasks, their quantity and weight and the time available.
- That there is variety and balance in the tasks, for example between operational tasks and development tasks, tasks that require contact, and tasks that require immersion, stressful and less stressful tasks, good and bad tasks and meritorious tasks.
- That the individual employee's life situation, insight, experience, age and work ability are taken into account when composing the job.
- That there is a focus on competence development and that the individual employee has the professional and personal qualifications that make it possible to solve the tasks.
- That there is a focus on constructive collaboration models (e.g. teams, partner pairs, follow-up arrangements, supervision, back-up functions) that provide good colleagues' communities and ease the pressure on the individual.
- That the employees experience organizational justice.
- That there is a focus on the working environment aspect of change processes, e.g. restructuring, new technology, organizational changes and breaking up of working communities.
- That there is a plan for training managers, including middle managers in particular, in how to create a good physical and psychological working environment and how to handle any problems.
- That induction programs are prepared for new employees, which deal with all daily routines in the company that are relevant to the employee. Including, among other things, instruction in relevant machines and scales.
- That there is a focus on workplace culture and a good tone in the workplace.
- That there is control over working hours.
- That there is access to relevant information, well-functioning IT systems and the like.
3. Employee satisfaction and workplace assessment (APV)
warfair will monitor employee satisfaction both through ongoing and annual employee interviews and through annual employee satisfaction surveys.
An APV has been prepared for the company. The APV is prepared every year, although the law stipulates that it is only every three years. The questions in the APV cover both physical and psychological conditions. All sickness absence from work is also assessed as to whether it is sickness absence related to the working environment and whether it is work environment conditions that may be contributing to the sickness absence.
The following working environment conditions can lead to sickness absence and appear in the APV: Accidents, heavy and hard physical work, poor working postures and unsatisfactory psychological working environment.
4. Assault and violations – harassment and bullying
warfair has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual assault and abuse and adheres to ILO Convention 190 (Violence and Harassment Convention) to prohibit, prevent and protect against violence and abuse, including sexual assault and abuse.
It is bullying when one or more people, regularly and over a long period of time – or repeatedly in a gross manner – exposes one or more other people to offensive actions that the person perceives as hurtful or degrading. However, the offending actions only become bullying when the person in question is unable to defend himself effectively against them. Teasing that is perceived by both parties as good-natured, or isolated conflicts are not bullying.
Sexual harassment occurs when any form of unwanted verbal, non-verbal or physical behavior with sexual undertones is displayed with the purpose or effect of violating a person's dignity, in particular by creating a threatening, hostile, degrading, humiliating or unpleasant climate.
Bullying/harassment cannot be accepted and management has a duty to react and stop bullying/harassment. The employee can complain to his immediate boss, the owner of the company or his spouse, as well as complain to the Ethics Committee (see link under "Complaint mechanism")
warfair aims to be a spacious workplace that creates space for citizens who, to one degree or another, have had difficulty finding a foothold in the labor market.
To the extent possible, the employees can work from home.
7. Sick leave
Absences are reported to the immediate superior no later than 07.00. It is the manager's responsibility to find a replacement.
8. Other absences
By agreement, time off can be taken in connection with funerals and other personal matters.
It is the manager's responsibility to prioritize work tasks when busy and to get the staff to fit in the company, so that there is no ongoing overtime. It must also be possible to take the agreed breaks.
warfair has a zero-tolerance policy towards corruption, and will aim to use international standards for anti-corruption, including the Global Reporting Initiative ( GRI 205: Anti-corruption ) and reporting practices from the Global Compact .
11. Handling of waste
All waste must be handled in biodegradable waste for compost, paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metal.
Electronic waste must be sorted and handed in at the designated space at the municipal recycling station.
Hazardous waste (batteries etc.) must be sorted and handed over in the respective waste container.
warfair aims to select packaging that has the best environmental and climate properties and at the same time complies with Danish food legislation.
All packaging (cardboard boxes for shipping, paper, etc.) that can be purchased with the FSC label must be purchased with the FSC label.
12. Dealing with robbery, difficult or threatening customers
The employee is instructed in how to deal with a robbery; do as the robber says, do not stop or run after the robber and take information
In the case of calls from threatening customers, the phone number is requested and the customer is informed that the owner of the company will contact the customer.
Psychological first aid and crisis aid are available as needed.
Guidelines have been drawn up for handling complaints, as replacement goods are sent
There is a fire and evacuation instruction that informs staff what to do if at any time they have to evacuate the warfair due to fire;
- The overviews of emergency exits and escape routes hang visibly in one or more places in the warfair and are not covered, and that it has been reviewed with the staff.
- Escape routes must not be blocked
- Self-closing doors may only be left open if they close automatically in the event of a fire. The self-closing function must therefore not be disabled by wedges, hooks, boxes etc
- The fire-extinguishing equipment is free-standing and no fixtures, boxes or other equipment may be placed in front of it.
- Be careful with open flames
- Candles and decorations must be placed on a non-flammable and stable surface and at a good distance from curtains and other flammable material. Lighted lights must be kept under constant supervision.
- Waste bags and the like must be removed daily and placed in a special waste room or in a container.
- Coffee machines, electric ovens and similar electrical appliances must always be switched off at the socket after use. Feel free to unplug.
14. General information
The employee is informed about
- about changes in general policies and principles
- about changes in duty schedules
- on restructuring
- about conversion, relocation or closure
- about new employees
- about warfair's product range, offer and sale items, etc.
15. Grievance mechanism
Further information on the complaints mechanism can be found in the warfair Complaints Mechanism - Policy and Procedure .